Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the sake of classical music...

Hi every one...

His name is Stephen R.Powell,a 67 retired man, he is a member of our forum (King Stephen)..

It's my pleasure to introduce Steve's achievemnt for the sake of classical music in his town ..All I knew about Steve was his emails and his webpage ,so I'd leave him tell you about his work through his ownwords ...

http://www.lvbeethoven.com/VotreLVB/English_Steve.html

[This message has been edited by Ahmad (edited March 02, 2004).]

Originally posted by Ahmad:
    Hi every one...

His name is Stephen R.Powell,a 67 retired man, he is a member of our forum (King Stephen)..

It's my pleasure to introduce Steve's achievemnt for the sake of classical music in his town ..All I knew about Steve was his emails and his webpage ,so I'd leave him tell you about his work through his ownwords ...

http://www.lvbeethoven.com/VotreLVB/English_Steve.html

[This message has been edited by Ahmad (edited March 02, 2004).]
    This is inspiring to read about. He should get in touch with public televsion and do a series so that kids all over, not only in these local schools, can be exposed to this course...

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Yes,it's a good suggestion, what do you think Steve?

Comment

Steve,
        What a wonderful gift to pass on to the younger set who obviously appreciate it.
        It is part of a healing and development process. I am sure your passion for Beethoven and the classics will remain with them for a very long time.
        I agree with Chaszz about making a television programme about it.

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited March 02, 2004).]
        ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Hello everyone;
          I was taken back by your most welcomed reception. The program of bringing Classical music to young students ages 7 thru 11 has been, and still is, a most rewarding time in my life. Although it is a non paying program you can't imagine the payback I receive from the students. If any of you have seen my web page you already know that Beethoven has center stage throughout the program, aimed at students from the 3rd grade through the 5th grade. It ends with a "Beethoven Competition" for the 5th graders.
          This year the winning class won with a dazzling 96.4 average. For winning each student receives a CD of Beethoven's music with a picture of the class on the front of the jewel case. The local paper does a write up of the winners and they also have their picture on my web page. The program takes a total of 12 to 15 days a month. My wife loves it. ( It keeps me out of her hair) I have in the past 3 years helped other schools located in several states here in the US in setting up similar programs. To sum it up we don't give kids enough credit when it comes to the classics. These students can talk about the life of LvB at what seems hours, and without repeating themselves. They most certainly come away know and enjoying classical music, and I come away a very happy "teacher".
          We cover the Beethoven Symphonies, Concertos,
          piano sonatas, we even touch upon the string quartets. We cover the baroque, classical, romantic and some 20th century. You notice I said some 20th century, the students seem to shy away from it and alaways and I mean always want more of the master.
          I am very happy to have found this web site and I enjoy so much the posts that reveal the love for clasical music.

Comment

Originally posted by King Stephen:
            Hello everyone;
            I was taken back by your most welcomed reception. The program of bringing Classical music to young students ages 7 thru 11 has been, and still is, a most rewarding time in my life. Although it is a non paying program you can't imagine the payback I receive from the students. If any of you have seen my web page you already know that Beethoven has center stage throughout the program, aimed at students from the 3rd grade through the 5th grade. It ends with a "Beethoven Competition" for the 5th graders.
            This year the winning class won with a dazzling 96.4 average. For winning each student receives a CD of Beethoven's music with a picture of the class on the front of the jewel case. The local paper does a write up of the winners and they also have their picture on my web page. The program takes a total of 12 to 15 days a month. My wife loves it. ( It keeps me out of her hair) I have in the past 3 years helped other schools located in several states here in the US in setting up similar programs. To sum it up we don't give kids enough credit when it comes to the classics. These students can talk about the life of LvB at what seems hours, and without repeating themselves. They most certainly come away know and enjoying classical music, and I come away a very happy "teacher".
            We cover the Beethoven Symphonies, Concertos,
            piano sonatas, we even touch upon the string quartets. We cover the baroque, classical, romantic and some 20th century. You notice I said some 20th century, the students seem to shy away from it and alaways and I mean always want more of the master.
            I am very happy to have found this web site and I enjoy so much the posts that reveal the love for clasical music.
            I think you are doing a magnificent job! - what an excellent idea.

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
            X