Authentic page mp3s - piano sonata Op.28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod:
    I can can now confirm for certain it was Bechstein. I know of the Bosendorfer's qualities, but even this instrument I tire of, perhaps if they lowered the pitch, and ditched the equal temperament...and changed the action...like the old Bosendorfers!
    http://www.ashburnham.org/Frederickc...collection.htm

Rod,
    You mean "if they turned them back into fortepianos"?

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      If it is absurd tell me what modern instrument sounds anything like a fortepiano?

When you wrote before 'But on the other hand, I have heard no modern piano that can equate sonically to any fortepiano', I thought you meant 'equate' in the sense of 'equal in beauty' not in the sense of 'sound like'. My apology, I withdraw the remark.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
        When you wrote before 'But on the other hand, I have heard no modern piano that can equate sonically to any fortepiano', I thought you meant 'equate' in the sense of 'equal in beauty' not in the sense of 'sound like'. My apology, I withdraw the remark.
        Yes I was at that point only considering the sound in itself, without making any value judgement, but since you mention it I do think these old pianos sound more 'beautiful'.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

I hope all this discussion of fortepianos has not dealyed the presentation of works too much. I'm waiting a little impatiently for a 'period' performance of the Second Symphony, which I know is still a few opus numbers to go.
          See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
            I hope all this discussion of fortepianos has not dealyed the presentation of works too much. I'm waiting a little impatiently for a 'period' performance of the Second Symphony, which I know is still a few opus numbers to go.
            I've emailed Peter the details for op29 today, the ball's in his court now to update the page.

------------------
            "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
            http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
            X