Question for Rod about electoral sonata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Rod about electoral sonata

Rod: Do you remember long ago you uploaded the Electoral piano sonata no.2 in a period instrument recording for the 'Rare page'? Do you remember who was the performer and which instrument he was using?

Thanks.

Originally posted by chopithoven:
    Rod: Do you remember long ago you uploaded the Electoral piano sonata no.2 in a period instrument recording for the 'Rare page'? Do you remember who was the performer and which instrument he was using?

Thanks.
    That recording came from the same set as the current mp3 of the Presto from op27/2 by Bilson, but a number of pianists got together in this recording. I can provide you the performer's name tomorow if you really need it, but I can't recommend this recording of the electoral sonatas even on the fortepiano (a Walter copy in this case). I think these juvenile sonatas from Beethoven were clearly too difficult for the performers!

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      That recording came from the same set as the current mp3 of the Presto from op27/2 by Bilson, but a number of pianists got together in this recording. I can provide you the performer's name tomorow if you really need it, but I can't recommend this recording of the electoral sonatas even on the fortepiano (a Walter copy in this case). I think these juvenile sonatas from Beethoven were clearly too difficult for the performers!

Well, that's the only fortepiano recording I have of the second electoral sonata, and when I downloaded it long ago I didn't keep the name of the performer, so I'd appreciate that you tell me. Thanks. PS: Are you meaning this recording is not well played?

Comment

Working...
      X