Happy Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - 248 years old today!! I salute you.

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What Mozart's wants for his birthday?
    In a letter to Baroness von Waldstatten Mozart writes...
    "As for the beautiful red coat ,which attracts me enormously,please,please let me know where it is to be had and how much it costs-for that I have completely forgotton,as I was captivated by it's splendor that I did not take note of its price.I must have a coat like that,for it is one that will really do justice to certain buttons which I have long been hankering after. I saw them once when I was choosing some for a suit.They were in Brandau's button factory in the Kohlmarkt,opposite the Milano.They are mother of pearl with a few white stones around the edge and a fine yellow stone in the center."
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
      What Mozart's wants for his birthday?
      In a letter to Baroness von Waldstatten Mozart writes...
      "As for the beautiful red coat ,which attracts me enormously,please,please let me know where it is to be had and how much it costs-for that I have completely forgotton,as I was captivated by it's splendor that I did not take note of its price.I must have a coat like that,for it is one that will really do justice to certain buttons which I have long been hankering after. I saw them once when I was choosing some for a suit.They were in Brandau's button factory in the Kohlmarkt,opposite the Milano.They are mother of pearl with a few white stones around the edge and a fine yellow stone in the center."
      >>and sounding a bit materialistic I must say. The great Beethoven would NOT focus his attention on such superficialities. Later in life Beethovens friends had to basically dress the old master himself, or else he would have left the house in the same old garb. Beethoven wanted to unlock the secrets of humanity, the secrets of the cosmos!!! You can hear it in his music....

In Mozart's, all I hear is perfectly nice melody and form... (like a perfectly nice red coat)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'

------------------
      v russo
      v russo

Comment

Mozart may have been a fastidious poodlefaker,Beethoven would not have cared if his coat was red, green, black, or blue.
        Here is a quote from the memoirs of Ferdinand Ries...
        "In his manner Beethoven was very awkward and helpless;and his clumsy movements lacked all grace. He seldom picked up anything with his hand without dropping or breaking it. Thus,on several occasions, he upset his ink-well into the piano which stood beside his writing desk.No furniture was safe from him;least of all a valuable piece; all was overturned,dirtied and destroyed.How he ever managed to shave himself is hard to understand,even making allowance for the many cuts in his cheeks. He never learned to dance in time to the music."

Beethoven and Mozart were very different men.
        "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Speaking of his manner of dress one story goes "at the first meeting with Weber Beethoven received the composer in a shabby jacket with torn sleeves, and during the time he was working on the Missa Solemnis he was picked up and jailed as a beggar, because 'Beethoven doesn't look like this.'"

------------------
          'Truth and beauty joined'
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
            Speaking of his manner of dress one story goes "at the first meeting with Weber Beethoven received the composer in a shabby jacket with torn sleeves, and during the time he was working on the Missa Solemnis he was picked up and jailed as a beggar, because 'Beethoven doesn't look like this.'"

This story took place right outside vienna. He was on a walk and got lost. So he walked up to a house lokked in the window. And there a little girl stood and pointed at him. So beethoven took off. They reported this to the local police. And he was arrested. He did say his name when he was arrested. "Beethoven. Ludwig Van Beethoven". Yhe police man said: In those clodes. Ye right... So he was arrested. The police question him. And it turnes out that he could not hear a word they said. So the Chief was asked: Could this be beethoven? They went to weber(?) (i dont recall this name). And he said that it was Beethoven in the cell.

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth:
              This story took place right outside vienna. He was on a walk and got lost. So he walked up to a house lokked in the window. And there a little girl stood and pointed at him. So beethoven took off. They reported this to the local police. And he was arrested. He did say his name when he was arrested. "Beethoven. Ludwig Van Beethoven". Yhe police man said: In those clodes. Ye right... So he was arrested. The police question him. And it turnes out that he could not hear a word they said. So the Chief was asked: Could this be beethoven? They went to weber(?) (i dont recall this name). And he said that it was Beethoven in the cell.
              1823, Carl Maria von Weber visited Beethoven at home. I think, Joy meant this story.

Comment

Working...
              X