cadenza of pc 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cadenza of pc 1

has any1 heard as well as seen the 3rd cadenza of bs piano concertos no 1? when u hear it on cd or radio, it sounds not that difficult and quite straightforward. but now that im learning it, it is absolutelu horendus at various bits! especially when the trills come in near the end of it, when both hands hav trill and a top note to play with the 5th finger, then the right hand has 2 trills, 2nd and 1st, and 4th and 5th finger, sycronised with the left hand trill! that bit is impossible!

Shane

It's always hard in the beginnig. You will find that it is going to get easyer and easyer as you go along. I have played the waldstein sonata. I felt the same way as you in the beginnig but I the end it was easy..... Hang in there

Comment

Shane,

A cadenza is your chance to highlight your technical and musical strengths. If you're not a trill wizard, pick a different cadenza or make up your own. If you are learning it as an etude sort of experience, that's different.
      What was it with Beethoven and trills? he seemed to have an obsession with them. I never learned the last movement of Waldstein because I didn't like the idea of working the melody in with that trill in the same hand--much more difficult than doing two trills in the same hand in my opinion. That is something you can get used to with practice.
      My advice: pick a different cadenza or, if you're creative, make up your own.

Comment

Originally posted by urtextmeister:
        Shane,
        I never learned the last movement of Waldstein because I didn't like the idea of working the melody in with that trill in the same hand--
        I started with the Pastoral Sonata op.28 1 movment to practice the "trills". In the bars:77-115, or something like that. It was a great help for me...A wonderful pice of music tho..

Comment

Working...
        X