Beethovens 9th symphony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethovens 9th symphony

I have some ideas for the meaning of this symphony..

The 1st movment.

It starts at the beginning of this world. The first thing that hit me was the darkness in this movment. And as it moves on, it turns into a funeral march. It is sad. In my opinion it is the time when babarism rouled the world. It reminds me of a sunrise in a black and white movie. It is depressing. In europa the dark middle ages would be the mood of this movment.

The 2nd movment.

This symbolises the time when Beethoven lived. (And Beethoven would might think that this movment is a symbol of our time as well.) It has a lighter mood than the first, but it has an non harmonic impression on me. It would symbolize the egoism that Beethoven felt as he lived. And the lives of the Noble men contra the lives of their servants. It is not a free world. It is getting better, but….

The 3rd movment.

It is a prear to God.
    Why is the men figthing and destroing the world. Why don’t they live side by side as brothers in peace?
    As free people.

The 4th movment.

The anser from God. It is like he says to Beethoven come whit me and i will show you what I think and what i see. And Beethoven gets pulled up into his vison. And now as the two first movments come it is anser by a deep voise that says: This is wrong. And the abser to Beethovens prear is this: So you want to know how it was ment to be? I will tell you: And the theme begins. It starts deep, as it came form the very the heart of God. And it sings stronger and stronger until Beethoven almost faint of joy. Then God says to him: Tell this to the world. And he leaves in the same mood that he came in.

And the baryton voise is Beethoven himself. Oh freunde nicht dise tone. This points to the second movment. And the Instrumental part is the mood of the people around him. And the voises is also the people around him.

The Finale

It starts in heaven. Whit god and his eangels. And the instrumental part is The creation of the world. Lisen to the end. The final day god rested. It becomes morning , and the day passes , and it is night. And now the first morning in paradise. With the famous theme. Then Adam and Eve is thrown out of paradise…

The rest of the finale i am not so sure about. It will come to me somtime. I hope.

This is very interesting, must listen to the piece som time to compare ur story. but i hav never heard this before tho. thanks
    Shane

Comment

very interesting indeed!

------------------
      v russo
      v russo

Comment

The 9th Symphony is certainly an epic in musical, dramatic and in any other sense. Your idea of the evolution of mankind is a genuine suposition. I have always thought that there is something fundementaly universal in Beethoven's works. His is not just music, but an eternal meaning behind it. He was well read, he studied philosophy in his youth. I think Beethoven was quite an innocent character, and it was probably a shock to him when confronted with the real world and for this reason sought some ideal truth in his art, since that was imposible in real life.
        What is it then the maestro is saying?
        What was in his mind?
        The Finale is an Ode To Joy. I think the desonance at the beginning of the fifth movement is the chaotic noise that mankind is making. The first words ring out "Oh friends, not these sounds! Let us sing something more pleasant, full of gladness. Joy, let us praise thee!"
        After the chaos, mankind finds its true worth when it lives in a bliss of joy and universal brotherhood. When mankind has succeeded in this, the symphony ends with triumphant music celebrating mankinds state of perfection.

I could be wrong of course, but this much i am sure of: There is evil in it, there is good in it, and there is an answer in it.

Comment

Originally posted by kubrickcritic:
          I think Beethoven was quite an innocent character, and it was probably a shock to him when confronted with the real world and for this reason sought some ideal truth in his art, since that was imposible in real life.
          Yes, I think beethoven at this age was very dissapointed in the humans around him. He stopped making music to the heroes, becouse i think he belived that heroes didnt exist. Not the way he felt that a hero should act.

I think that form childhood his way of beeing is his fathers creation. He was walking around in his own mind. Becouse he was afried that he migth meet people like his father. Scared of the wourld around him he withdrew from the wourld into his music.

Comment

Working...
          X