Composer for all seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Composer for all seasons

It's a winter wonderland in the northeastern U.S. this year. I've been out snowshoeing in the countryside with Beethoven's 6th in my CD walkman. The good news is, it works as well in the winter as in the summer!

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited January 30, 2004).]
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Thanks for that Chaszz - it's pretty cold here as well in the UK so I'll try warming myself up with the Pastoral - haven't heard it since the spring!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      Thanks for that Chaszz - it's pretty cold here as well in the UK so I'll try warming myself up with the Pastoral - haven't heard it since the spring!

Peter
      It must be hard to be without the Pastoral for almost one year!

I like it too, to take the sound with me for a walk. Last time it was the Triple Concerto, wich gave me a pretty good speed...

Pastoral(i)

Comment

We have been hearing much news about the northeast and almost 2/3 of the country being under snowstorms, ice storms and experiencing below zero temperatures. I like you're idea of listening to the Pastoral and walking in the snow, Charles. Sounds great to me. It's been a long time since I've seen snow or temperatures under 50!! You'll have to come out here to thaw out!

------------------
        'Truth and beauty joined'

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited January 30, 2004).]

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
          We have been hearing much news about the northeast and almost 2/3 of the country being under snowstorms, ice storms and experiencing below zero temperatures. I like you're idea of listening to the Pastoral and walking in the snow, Charles. Sounds great to me. It's been a long time since I've seen snow or temperatures under 50!! You'll have to come out here to thaw out!

Joy
          Last summer I've been for a week in the mountains. A little house i n the green and just behind, a little brook in between flowers of all sorts. Not to say how much I listened to the Pastoral.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:

Thanks for the invitation, Joy, but when there's snow on the ground, as long as it's not 15 below F. or worse, I am as happy as a pig in mud. I don't even mind cloudy weather in this situation, which is not true in the summertime. I just love getting out there cross country skiing, showshoeing, hiking, and I bring my little Walkman along with the good old composers to keep me company.

This is in contrast to the majority of my fellow northeasterners, who don't like winter much at all once Christmas and New Year's are over.

And I hate winter rain and ice just like they do. This is the first winter we've had here in a while that is cold enought to be all snow and not icy rain. I hope for more of it.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
              Joy
              Last summer I've been for a week in the mountains. A little house i n the green and just behind, a little brook in between flowers of all sorts. Not to say how much I listened to the Pastoral.

Sounds great, Pastorali! A wonderful and appropriate setting for listening to the Pastoral I'm sure!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:

And I hate winter rain and ice just like they do. This is the first winter we've had here in a while that is cold enought to be all snow and not icy rain. I hope for more of it.

Sounds like you may get your wish, Charles. I just heard there's more on the way!
                I do have to agree with you though on the cross country skiing. I used to do plenty of that when I lived where the snow was and I enjoyed it!

------------------

Comment

We are having a worse than usual winter here in Vienna. It's been a good 6 years since it's been so cold, getting down to -20°C at times and more snow than we've had in eons.

Listening to the Pastoral Symphony helps to lift my spirits and to assure me that spring is coming. This symphony also reminds me of the fact that this was composed not far from where I live. The brook where Beethoven used to go to in Nussdorf is a lovely place in the springtime. I always try to imagine how it would look without all of the houses that are there now. Since this is where Beethoven went to get his ideas for his Pastoral Sym. the city named the lane along this brook Beethovengang.

Comment

Working...
                  X