Complete Bagatelles by John O'Conor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Bagatelles by John O'Conor

I just picked this up today, and it is very good.

But I did notice while listening to Op. 119 No. 3 that he did not take the repeats on the D.C. I'm not sure if this is consistently done through them all, as I was doing other things through the first listen-through (I just happened to catch this one).

Isn't it generally accepted that for Classical Era music, repeats should be taken on the D.C/D.S? I'm pretty sure repeats are taken in every other recording I have ever heard of this piece.

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited January 27, 2004).]

I have the Bagatelles performed by Jeno Jandos which is very good indeed. I also enjoy listening to John O' Conor. Overall I expect these would be good recordings.

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I have heard the Jando bagatelles, and I didn't like them too much, as I recall. I remember thinking that his tempos did not always seem quite right. I suppose a lot of that boils down to personal preference and also the first way you heard it too.

Comment

You're right about hearing whose first, Chris. Not being a musician the tempos sounded all right to me but then I don't have an ear for that sort of thing.

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X