To what concert are you going to next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To what concert are you going to next?

Please write to what concert you will go....

Originally posted by Pastorali:
    Please write to what concert you will go....
    I am waiting to hear from the Met if I will get my ordered tickets for one of their Ring cycles in the spring. Also in the spring I'll be going there to see Richard Strauss' 'Salome' if my wife has got my requested Xmas present right. An even better present would be if she would come with me to an opera, but it would be easier to drag her to an autopsy.
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

A friend of mine is giving a recital this Sunday - you can read about him on this site at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/yuri.html

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Oh my dear! Just came back from a great concert evening.

Midori
        Philharmonia Orchestra, London
        Jiri Belohlavek

It began with Smetana's Ouverture "Die verkaufte Braut" (The sold bride) (?)
        What a fun! Firey and lively, really a goooood!

Next was Midori playing Dvorak's Violin Concert op.53. This work is not specialy my taste, but Midori was just amazing! I've been in the fourth row and it was just fascinating how this delicate woman played. She was wonderful! High level, what she did with her violin.

Last act was again Dvorak, the 9th symphony "From the new world" Hat off to the Philharmonias! They played perfect, specialy the winds (don't know is it the right term) (Bläser)

By the way: Midoris suitcases gone lost – she had to wear her 'privat closes' on stage. Nevertheless, everybody was glad, she still had her "Guarneri".

Comment

Sounds like a splendid time you had Pastorali. I have heard Midori many times on radio and she is wonderful. My next concert is coming up in March. At the Symphony Hall an actor will be portraying Beethoven on stage and will be telling his life fom beginning to end accompanied by the orchestra performing much of his music. Kind of a unique performance. Should be interesting.

------------------
          'Truth and beauty joined'
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

...to the 'Focus Festival' at the Juilliard theatre at Lincoln Center, where this years focus is Charles Ives. The best part about it is that the concert is free!

------------------
            v russo
            v russo

Comment

Hopefully to see Rachmaninoff's third or second piano concerto, if I can convince the band to make a stop there on our trip.

Comment

Working...
              X