Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maria tipo, idel biret

Hello ppl!

i hav never heard much of these 2 pianists before. biret iv heard of and heard a few pieces only. and tipo, not even heard of before a few days ago.

anyway, i bought the tipo recording of the chopin nocturnes and they r absolutely gorgious as far as im concerned. and im thinking of buying biret's boxset of chopin stuff. i tried to find som stuff on the net but cudnt so far. so please tell me what u all think of them and stuff. thanks!

Shane

Originally posted by Shane:
    Hello ppl!

i hav never heard much of these 2 pianists before. biret iv heard of and heard a few pieces only. and tipo, not even heard of before a few days ago.

anyway, i bought the tipo recording of the chopin nocturnes and they r absolutely gorgious as far as im concerned. and im thinking of buying biret's boxset of chopin stuff. i tried to find som stuff on the net but cudnt so far. so please tell me what u all think of them and stuff. thanks!

Shane
    Shane, I have never heard of Tipo, however I have Biret playing Brahms sonatas, and she does a splendid job with them. I can easily see her doing Chopin well, she has nice technique.

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Shane,
      Further to your favourite choice of pianists, I just thought I would mention
      the other evening I was listening to Angela Hewitt, playing Chopin's Nocturnes and in my estimation her playing is charcterized by the most beautiful phrasing and articulation. She seems to have just the right pressure on the keys. I think she is well worth checking out.

Though I am afriad I haven't heard Maria Tipo play.
      You might like to visit this page to read an interesting short account about her life and career:

International Piano competition
      http://www.piano-e-competition.com/jurylist.htm

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited January 13, 2004).]
      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:
        Shane,
        Further to your favourite choice of pianists, I just thought I would mention
        the other evening I was listening to Angela Hewitt, playing Chopin's Nocturnes and in my estimation her playing is charcterized by the most beautiful phrasing and articulation. She seems to have just the right pressure on the keys. I think she is well worth checking out.

Though I am afriad I haven't heard Maria Tipo play.
        You might like to visit this page to read an interesting short account about her life and career:

International Piano competition
        http://www.piano-e-competition.com/jurylist.htm

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited January 13, 2004).]
        thanks for the link! yeh, iv heard quite a bit abu hewitt. im getting her cd of the goldberg variations soon, still in the post i think. but i didnt no she did chopin?! well, ill keep a look out for her!

Shane

Comment

Working...
        X