Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please, beethoven 1st piano concerto

Hello every1!

im jus learning the 1st movment of this concerto for a concert im playing in. and the bit with the octave glissando is really bothering me. i can do it just, but not very well and it hurts like hell! so any suggestions?

Shane

You can do it with both hands, stopping the left hand a moment to hit that low G.

Just start the scales together and when you must hit the low G, do it and return at the next semiquaver, or at the next quaver, if you can't make it that fast.
    Practice a bit and you'll get it.

This I took from B's own recomendations for the last movement of the Waldstein, today I can do the scales on one hand alone, but in the Waldstein, not even with both hands!

I hope I helped.
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
      You can do it with both hands, stopping the left hand a moment to hit that low G.

Just start the scales together and when you must hit the low G, do it and return at the next semiquaver, or at the next quaver, if you can't make it that fast.
      Practice a bit and you'll get it.

This I took from B's own recomendations for the last movement of the Waldstein, today I can do the scales on one hand alone, but in the Waldstein, not even with both hands!

I hope I helped.
      do u mean play it both hands as scales or both hands as gliss?

Comment

It was never meant to be a glissando, it's a big octave scale.
        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
          It was never meant to be a glissando, it's a big octave scale.
          is that rite?????? i never new that! the peters edition is shocking! i never liked them, but my music teacher in school who organised the concert seems to like it! thanks!

Shane

Comment

Working...
          X