• Show
Clear All

Authentic page mp3s - Fortepiano Sonata Op.22

Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

A very enjoyable movement.
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Thank you once again, Rod, for this lovely piece and on Beethoven's birthday too! It lifted my spirits up from the lousy past 10 days I spent sick in bed with a high fever for 8 of those days. I still have this awful cough but at least I am now fever free and this lovely little snipet of Beethoven's Sonata Op.22 has put a smile on my face. Danke...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
        Thank you once again, Rod, for this lovely piece and on Beethoven's birthday too! It lifted my spirits up from the lousy past 10 days I spent sick in bed with a high fever for 8 of those days. I still have this awful cough but at least I am now fever free and this lovely little snipet of Beethoven's Sonata Op.22 has put a smile on my face. Danke...

Andrea,
        I am sorry to hear you have been unwell and hope you will soon be on the mend.
        I agree the Rondo movement of Beethoven's Sonata Op. 22 is rather splendid, sort of courtly I thought.
        I would join with you in Geburtstagsfeierlichkeiten fur Ludwig. .

Regards
        Amalie

[This message has been edited by Isadora (edited December 16, 2003).]

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
          Lovely is the word Andrea, and yes on the most important day of the calender. A pretty good performance, though this Complete Sonatas set is very uneven in quality overall, I have to pick and chose carefully. The fortepiano adds that extra sparkle as you should now come to expect.

------------------
          "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
          http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Op.22 was a sonata that Beethoven was particularly proud of, yet it isn't performed that often. The Rondo always reminds me of the finale of the Spring sonata.

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
              The Rondo always reminds me of the finale of the Spring sonata.

Yes I see this connection now you mention it Peter, the themes are similar.

------------------

Comment

Rod,
                Very nice indeed. I particularly like the tempo, it doesn't flag at all. Perhaps the fortepiano's lack of a real sustaining ability causes the player to really try to push it a little harder (not in a coarse way, I mean), so it always seems propelled.
                Thanks,

------------------
                Regards,
                Gurn
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Regards,
                Gurn
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

This one makes my heart flutter as much as any other does.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
                    Rod,
                    Very nice indeed. I particularly like the tempo, it doesn't flag at all. Perhaps the fortepiano's lack of a real sustaining ability causes the player to really try to push it a little harder (not in a coarse way, I mean), so it always seems propelled.
                    Thanks,

Well this is true about the shorter sustain, but in my opinion Beethoven composed for the fortepiano bearing the instruments sutaining ability in mind. When the tempo is allowed to slow too much, especially in the allegros, much of the essence of the music is lost. But this fault can be executed on the fortepiano too as well as the modern instrument!

PS there will be no more new mp3s until beginning of January, but I will give you Op23 and 24 together to make up.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited December 24, 2003).]

Comment

Working...
                    X