Your "Good mood pieces"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your "Good mood pieces"

It's grey and cold out there. I don't hope you have it with Schubert, as he said: "Is there actually cheerful music? I know from none."

What is your antidote to keep bad mood far away?

Any, or preferably all, of B's Sonatas for Violin & Piano - They seem irrepressibly cheerful to me.

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Try also Mendelssohn's Midsummer night dream (complete, if you can),
      Haydn's Seasons (specially the prayer chorus)
      Mozart's Wind Concertos
      (as stated above) Beethoven's Violin sonatas (specially Spring)
      (even though he didn't think like this) Schubert's last A sonata.

These should keep you busy for a whole afternoon of rain.
      "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

LVB's Missa Solemnis: Quoniam tu solus Sanctus from the Gloria, up to the final bars (this would be the last 6 minutes or so of the Gloria).

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
          It's grey and cold out there. I don't hope you have it with Schubert, as he said: "Is there actually cheerful music? I know from none."

What is your antidote to keep bad mood far away?
          Schubert wrote plenty of cheerful music himself - he was obviously in Wintereisse mood when he sais that!

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
            Schubert wrote plenty of cheerful music himself - he was obviously in Wintereisse mood when he sais that!

I think so too! First work I thought about was Schubert's 5th symphony. The posts above are giving good ideas, so most of it is standing in my CD rack. I will listen thru.
            Thanks people

Comment

W.A. MOZART, Piano Concertos. Especially 9-27. My favorite tonic against the Winter Blahs!!

Cocchini

Comment

Originally posted by Cocchini:
                W.A. MOZART, Piano Concertos. Especially 9-27. My favorite tonic against the Winter Blahs!!

Oh yes, I forgot these! In fact, very little that Mozart wrote could ever put me in anything but a good mood!

------------------
                Regards,
                Gurn
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Regards,
                Gurn
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I have to agree with Beethoven's 'Spring' sonata, always a joyous and wonderful piece. Also Vivaldi's 'Spring' gets you in a happy mood. There is definitely a 'spring' theme here! Anyway, after a couple of days of clouds and rain here in Phoenix that musical repertoire perked me up. Today it's back to being sunny and beautiful so I won't be needing 'mood lifting' music today!

------------------
                  'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                    I have to agree with Beethoven's 'Spring' sonata, always a joyous and wonderful piece. Also Vivaldi's 'Spring' gets you in a happy mood. There is definitely a 'spring' theme here! Anyway, after a couple of days of clouds and rain here in Phoenix that musical repertoire perked me up. Today it's back to being sunny and beautiful so I won't be needing 'mood lifting' music today!

What about the Pastoral symphony? So warming and uplifting - Summer in sound.

------------------
                    'Man know thyself'
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Of course, very warming and a 'feel good' composition, makes you smile it's so beautiful. I think there are many compositions by many artists that have an uplifting feel. Mozart is another one that comes to mind with his many enriching sounds, you could almost dance to!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
                        LVB's Missa Solemnis: Quoniam tu solus Sanctus from the Gloria, up to the final bars (this would be the last 6 minutes or so of the Gloria).
                        I took the whole "Missa" three times today as medicine. I feel fine!

Comment

Yes this is the opening movement should immediately irratiate the listener with uplifting emotions, pity that in practise it is so often performed like a funeral dirge. But there are many other such moments from Beethoven. Handel wrote copious amounts of music of this nature too. The sort of music that makes you feel good to be alive.

------------------
                          "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited December 15, 2003).]
                          http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
                            Yes this is the opening movement should immediately irratiate the listener with uplifting emotions, pity that in practise it is so often performed like a funeral dirge. But there are many other such moments from Beethoven. Handel wrote copious amounts of music of this nature too. The sort of music that makes you feel good to be alive.

In my opinion all symphonie's adagios are very warm and positive, and the "scene at the brook" is one of the most beautiful. Why did Goethe not listen to such pieces? He wouldn't be afraid that way about B's. music, as he was.

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited December 15, 2003).]

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
                              In my opinion all symphonie's adagios are very warm and positive, and the "scene at the brook" is one of the most beautiful. Why did Goethe not listen to such pieces? He wouldn't be afraid that way about B's. music, as he was.

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited December 15, 2003).]
                              Actually I have no idea about Goethe's appreciation of Beethoven's music..would you please give me a brief explanation of that?

Comment

Working...
                              X