December Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Holidays

Just out of curiosity, what will everyone be doing during the coming holidays?

I do not celebrate Xmas myself, but one way or another, everyone is drawn into it. I shall be taking some B CDs to listen to whilst staying at my parents.

Have a good holiday for those who celebrate it. For those who don't, be patient, just another few weeks to go and it will all be over until next year!

------------------

I do celebrate Christmas, the most important part of which this year will be my leading the choir (from the piano) at Midnight Mass. I have just started the "learn twenty pieces in two weeks" Christmas cram session.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
      I do celebrate Christmas, the most important part of which this year will be my leading the choir (from the piano) at Midnight Mass. I have just started the "learn twenty pieces in two weeks" Christmas cram session.
      Sounds like a lot to cover, Chris. Good luck! For the Christmas Holidays here there will be many performances of Handel's Messiah plus concert goers will enjoy all the traditional Christmas Carols that will be performed at Symphony Hall throughout the season. Also The Nutcracker, Scrooge, and performances by the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes. Lots of options!

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I'm ready to go to Bach's Christmas Oratorium and will look out for some other little events. I will celebrate Xmas too, also the 17th will be something special...

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
          I'm ready to go to Bach's Christmas Oratorium and will look out for some other little events. I will celebrate Xmas too, also the 17th will be something special...
          Well, I'm off to Paris for a long (and probably also a little dirty) weekend in the 19th. A Bartoli recital was to be part of the schedule but the Parisians' enthusiasm for her have saved me.

After that back to England for a dutiful Christmas and New Year in Newcastle at my Parents'. Pity they couldn't move across the Channel.

------------------
          "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
          http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

For those who like to take a weekend in Bonn: Found on Ebay:

Actually to have for 121 Euro, the auction will finish in 23 hours, included is:

-2 nights in the hotel Dorint*****
            -Welcome cocktail
            -A present
            -2 visits to the Beethovenhaus
            -Free use of pool, sauna, steambath
            http://cgi.ebay.ch/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=34524

Don't forget, the flight to Bonn is not included...

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited December 15, 2003).]

Comment

Working...
            X