Bosendorfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosendorfer

Hey everyone, I went to the Bosendorfer website (www.bosendorfer.com, if I'm spelling it right) and I heard a really nice piano song in the beginning. I doubt it's Beethoven, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the name of the work is and who composed it. I really liked it and this is the only place I can think of where people might be able to answer my question. Thanks.

Originally posted by beetlover:
    Hey everyone, I went to the Bosendorfer website (www.bosendorfer.com, if I'm spelling it right) and I heard a really nice piano song in the beginning. I doubt it's Beethoven, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the name of the work is and who composed it. I really liked it and this is the only place I can think of where people might be able to answer my question. Thanks.
    I went there and you're right, it's not good enough to be Beethoven, but I can't say who it is alas.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Hi.

I went to the site, and the piece is the Paganin Etude No3 "La Campanella" by Franz Liszt.

LOVE
      Marta

Comment

Ah, Marta, you are a treasure! ;-))
        Regards,
        Gurn

PS - Have you heard Liszt's Fantasia on a Theme of Mozart? Can't remember which theme, but sure liked the piece!
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
          Ah, Marta, you are a treasure! ;-))
          Regards,
          Gurn

PS - Have you heard Liszt's Fantasia on a Theme of Mozart? Can't remember which theme, but sure liked the piece!
          Hi Gurn.

I think you are refering to Reminiscences of Mozart's Don Giovanni, which is a monumental work that requires high virtuosity.

I also like it, as a pianist I truly love Liszt, he wrote so well for the instrument, his piano music is difficult...yes....but extremely pianistic.

LOVE
          Marta

Comment

Originally posted by Marta:
            Hi Gurn.

I think you are refering to Reminiscences of Mozart's Don Giovanni, which is a monumental work that requires high virtuosity.

I also like it, as a pianist I truly love Liszt, he wrote so well for the instrument, his piano music is difficult...yes....but extremely pianistic.

LOVE
            Marta

Marta,
            Yes, that is it. I was fortunate to be able to see the opening night of the Mostly Mozart Festival, and there was a quite unusual pianist playing, a young Chinese fellow, and he played first Mendelssohn's splendid g minor concerto. The next performer was suddenly indisposed, and with no notice whatever he was asked to play something in her place, and he simply sat down and whipped off this piece of Liszt that was quite stupendous, a tour de force performance. Even the orchestra appeared awestruck! I wish I could remember his name, but I am sure I will hear from him again, he was that good. Thanks for the info,
            Regards,
            Gurn
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
              Marta,
              Yes, that is it. I was fortunate to be able to see the opening night of the Mostly Mozart Festival, and there was a quite unusual pianist playing, a young Chinese fellow,
              Hi Gurn...

The pianist was Lang Lang. It was a remarkable technical showpiece. Being a Mozart lover I found the Mostly Mozart night to be a dissapointment. There was a Mendelsohn piano concerto, a Beethoven symphony(poorly played) the Liszt Fantasy and a Mozart overture. I didn't time it, but I think it was actually Mostly Mendelsohn, Nextly Beethoven, Thirdly Liszt, and Lastly Mozart, rather than Mostly Mozart.

Regards

Steve
              www.mozartforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by SR:
                Hi Gurn...

The pianist was Lang Lang. It was a remarkable technical showpiece. Being a Mozart lover I found the Mostly Mozart night to be a dissapointment. There was a Mendelsohn piano concerto, a Beethoven symphony(poorly played) the Liszt Fantasy and a Mozart overture. I didn't time it, but I think it was actually Mostly Mendelsohn, Nextly Beethoven, Thirdly Liszt, and Lastly Mozart, rather than Mostly Mozart.

Regards

Steve
                Steve,
                Yeah, I have to say that I was a bit surprised by the agenda also. I share your Mozart partiality, and even though I like the overture to Figaro, it scarcely represented Wolfgang well on the opening night of his festival! Otherwise, I quite enjoyed the whole programme, if it had just been a regular concert night I would have been delighted, actually.
                Regards,
                Gurn
                Regards,
                Gurn
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for helping me figure out what is was! I haven't come to this site in a long time and I didn't know someone replied.

Comment

Thanks for helping me figure out what it was! I haven't come to this site in a long time and I didn't know someone replied.
                    What's the point in asking questions if you're not going to come back and check for the answers?

Melvyn.

Comment

Originally posted by SR:
                      Hi Gurn...

Regards

Steve
                      The summertime Mostly Mozart Festival is now more than a generation old, and when it first began and for some time afterward
                      there was so much Mozart that people started calling for more variety. So that's how it has evolved.
                      See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Good point, Melvyn. I guess I didn't check off to send me an e-mail if someone replied and I thought no one did. So I fianlly had time to come here a few days ago and was happy to see someone answered my question.

Comment

Good point, Melvyn. I guess I didn't check off to send me an e-mail if someone replied and I thought no one did.
                          Ah - I didn't realise that facility was available. That sounds quite useful. How do you do that?

Melvyn.

Comment

If you create a new topic, there is a checkbox under where you type the text for your post that allows you to use this option. I'm not 100% sure it is working correctly right now, however. In any case, if you use it and the thread gets popular, prepare to have your inbox flooded!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                              If you create a new topic, there is a checkbox under where you type the text for your post that allows you to use this option. I'm not 100% sure it is working correctly right now, however. In any case, if you use it and the thread gets popular, prepare to have your inbox flooded!
                              It worked all right for me so I think it's working properly.

------------------
                              'Truth and beauty joined'
                              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
                              X