Allegro Confusium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allegro Confusium?

Have read about, but I'm not sure for right spelling. Did Beethoven say "Allegro Confusio" to his homes places?

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited October 27, 2003).]

I don't really understand the question!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      I don't really understand the question!

Hi Peter
      The question is: Did say Beethoven "Allegro Confusio" about his home? Because he had always a bit a mess at home, he gave them that funny name. So I read about, but have forgotten where and I'm not sure how he did say exactly. Maybe somebody else knows it?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
        Hi Peter
        The question is: Did say Beethoven "Allegro Confusio" about his home? Because he had always a bit a mess at home, he gave them that funny name. So I read about, but have forgotten where and I'm not sure how he did say exactly. Maybe somebody else knows it?

regards

Pastorali,

I think the quote you are referring to is from Beethoven's letter to Nannette Streicher regarding the state of his housekeeping and the perpetual problem with servants:

(1817) To Frau v. Streicher.

Yes indeed, all this house keeping is still without Keeping, and much resembles an - allegro di confusione.
        If I read rightly, you will give me the pleasure of a visit this afternoon at 16.30, or is it to be 14.30? This needs no answer, so you must once again send out your little letter-carrying pigeon, for the women are washing for themselves today, in turns, in the washing trough.

~~ In haste,
        Your friend,
        BEETHOVEN.

(The little "letter-carrying pigeon" was probably Frau Streicher's daughter, Sophie.)

How cute!

[This message has been edited by Frohlich (edited October 28, 2003).]

Comment

Originally posted by Frohlich:

Pastorali,

I think the quote you are referring to is from Beethoven's letter to Nannette Streicher regarding the state of his housekeeping and the perpetual problem with servants:

(1817) To Frau v. Streicher.

Yes indeed, all this house keeping is still without Keeping, and much resembles an - allegro di confusione.
          If I read rightly, you will give me the pleasure of a visit this afternoon at 16.30, or is it to be 14.30? This needs no answer, so you must once again send out your little letter-carrying pigeon, for the women are washing for themselves today, in turns, in the washing trough.

~~ In haste,
          Your friend,
          BEETHOVEN.

(The little "letter-carrying pigeon" was probably Frau Streicher's daughter, Sophie.)

How cute!

[This message has been edited by Frohlich (edited October 28, 2003).]
          Hi Ahmad
          Yes,that's it. Thanks for the whole quote!!
          thankfull regards

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited October 29, 2003).]

Comment

Working...
          X