Hi, my first posting here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, my first posting here...

and I think not the last one! Found this amazing site a view days ago and for me as a lover of everything about Beethoven and his outstanding music I think it's a great place to stay with you all Beethovians!!!
    My name is Juerg, I live in Switzerland, my age is 37. 2 1/2 years ago I found my passion to classic music. Before I listended to "classic-rock" like Hendrix, Zep, Focus and things like that. Good music, but more and more I felt boring about it. Then I heard Apocalyptica first time and I liked that sound of the cellos. But not for a long time. I had always more interestings to the real classic music so I came to it thru Nigel Kennedy (four seasons and the first violin concert of Max Bruch). O what great music!!! From that point I found my way over the solo violin works of Bruch, then Brahms and finaly Beethoven. More or less since about one year I'm just rambling around L.v.B. and that's the way for the rest of my life, I think. He just touched my heart while listen to his music like nobody else!!!!!

So I just liked to say hello to all the users of this great forum.

PS: I go to Vienna in about two weeks. Maybe some of you have an interesting tipp? Just for three days, better then nothing. Wich are the best places for a Beethoven-tourist?
    PS2: Sorry for my rough and unperfect english, I'm not used to write it for the last years but I will give my best ;-)

regards
    Juerg

Welcome Juerg,

As a new member I thought you might be interested in looking at Peter's recent beautifuly illustrated pilgrimage to Vienna on the Beethoven site here ->
    http://www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/viennatrip.html

You can also view Jeffrey Danes page, Beethoven in Vienna, A walk in Vienna and its environs. visit-> http://www.literarytraveler.com/beethoven/beethoven.htm

Enjoy your exploration of Beethoven.

Amalie******
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
      and I think not the last one! Found this amazing site a view days ago and for me as a lover of everything about Beethoven and his outstanding music I think it's a great place to stay with you all Beethovians!!!
      My name is Juerg, I live in Switzerland, my age is 37. 2 1/2 years ago I found my passion to classic music. Before I listended to "classic-rock" like Hendrix, Zep, Focus and things like that. Good music, but more and more I felt boring about it. Then I heard Apocalyptica first time and I liked that sound of the cellos. But not for a long time. I had always more interestings to the real classic music so I came to it thru Nigel Kennedy (four seasons and the first violin concert of Max Bruch). O what great music!!! From that point I found my way over the solo violin works of Bruch, then Brahms and finaly Beethoven. More or less since about one year I'm just rambling around L.v.B. and that's the way for the rest of my life, I think. He just touched my heart while listen to his music like nobody else!!!!!

So I just liked to say hello to all the users of this great forum.

PS: I go to Vienna in about two weeks. Maybe some of you have an interesting tipp? Just for three days, better then nothing. Wich are the best places for a Beethoven-tourist?
      PS2: Sorry for my rough and unperfect english, I'm not used to write it for the last years but I will give my best ;-)

regards
      Juerg
      Yes indeed welcome to the forum Juerg - as you will see from the link Amalie provided above I myself was in Vienna a very short time ago. I was fortunate in having the company of Bernard and Andrea who lives in Vienna and was a superb guide making our trip not only educational and easy but also highly enjoyable. Unfortunately I think Andrea (who loves showing people round the Beethoven sites) will be in the US when you visit, but I would suggest you visit the Pasqualati House on the Molkerbastei (there is a museum there). Heiligenstadt is a must. Also a trip to the Zentralfriedhof to visit the graves of many famous composers including Beethoven. If you need any further help just let me know.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited October 05, 2003).]
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Hello Amalie:
        Thanks for the links!

Yes!! It's a great adventure to explore all the Beethoven works I don't know yet. Really exiting indeed!!!!

regards
        pastorali

=====================================
        Von Herzen - möge es wieder zu Herzen gehen.
        L.v.B.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
          Yes indeed welcome to the forum Juerg - as you will see from the link Amalie provided above I myself was in Vienna a very short time ago. I was fortunate in having the company of Bernard and Andrea who lives in Vienna and was a superb guide making our trip not only educational and easy but also highly enjoyable. Unfortunately I think Andrea (who loves showing people round the Beethoven sites) will be in the US when you visit, but I would suggest you visit the Pasqualati House on the Molkerbastei (there is a museum there). Heiligenstadt is a must. Also a trip to the Zentralfriedhof to visit the graves of many famous composers including Beethoven. If you need any further help just let me know.

Hi Peter
          Thanks for warm welcome and of course the tips! Will shurly visit these locations. I have now one week of time to prepare the trip and I have the good luck to have a friend there. Not specialized to Beethoven but very interested about arts in every way.

regards
          pastorali

================================
          L.v.B.
          ================================

Comment

Welcome to this forum, Juerg. Glad you found us and hope you will enjoy posting here.

Have you been here to Vienna yet? I noticed that you said you'll be here for only a few days. I myself just got back from my 4 weeks in California visiting my family and friends back in my home state. I'm still felling the affects of jet lag and getting used to hearing german being spoken everywhere instead of english.

As Peter mentioned I showed him and Bernard around my Vienna when they were both here in August. I enjoy showing visitors around Vienna especially to all of the Beethoven-must-see places. As a matter of fact, tomorrow I'll be showing a couple visiting from the USA these Beethoven sites and other highlights of Vienna. I just hope that I'm not bothered by my jet lag too much. I don't want to be yawning the whole time...

Comment

Hi Andrea
              Yes, it's a fine place here. I'm glad, that I've found it. My trip to Vienna, unfortunately I had to remove. But I hope to go next week - so it's not that sad. I hope you'll get the jetlag out of your head...

PS: Kann ich Dir auch mal auf deutsch mailen?

Kind regards
              pastorali

L.v.B.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
                Hi Andrea
                Yes, it's a fine place here. I'm glad, that I've found it. My trip to Vienna, unfortunately I had to remove. But I hope to go next week - so it's not that sad. I hope you'll get the jetlag out of your head...

PS: Kann ich Dir auch mal auf deutsch mailen?

Kind regards
                pastorali

L.v.B.
                If you like you may, Juerg, but my written german isn't that great. I am an American and my german is OK but not perfect. If I need any help in translating, I just ask my husband. He's Austrian and he is much handier to have than a dictionary.

[This message has been edited by Andrea (edited October 20, 2003).]

Comment

Working...
                X