A post from hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A post from hong Kong

Hi,this is my first post.I am 18,I pratice piano since I was 6.I love classcal music a lot although I am not good on playing it.
    I started to play moonight sonata a few weeks ago and I am disappointer with myself
    I am looking some reading on this sonata. In Hong Kong books about music is neither rare nor expensive so I hope it could be found on internet,because I difficut to me to afford it if it had to pay.Can any one recommend any reading about this particular topic?My english is not good so if i say something wrong pls.forgive me

Hi Cool! Don't be too hard on yourself about finding the Moonlight difficult to play. I can play the first movement which is hard enough but the third movement is just too difficult. Keep working on it though. All I can say is practice is the key to playing any instrument. You don't have to go any further than this site for any information on Beethoven, it's pretty detailed and is loaded with information. Just go to the home page, lots of stuff there. Here is some I found on the Moonlight which is found on this page of this site. http://www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/sonatas.html
    Opus 27: No. 1 and 2 'Moonlight' published by Cappi in 1802. No.2 dedicated to Countess Guicciardi.
    Again two unorthodox sonatas which both have the subtitle 'quasi una fantasia'. Written in 1801, no.1 has always been overshadowed by the famous 'Moonlight', yet it is a delightful piece of deceptive simplicity. The title 'Moonlight' was not Beethoven's, but was suggested by Ludwig Rellstab who envisaged a boat on the waters of Lake Lucerne lit by moonlight. At best, it really only applies to the first movement, probably the most celebrated piece Beethoven ever wrote.

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
    X