Beethoven's 10'th Symphony..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's 10'th Symphony..

Someone interrested in Beethoven Music has surprised me when he asked whether I've listned to Beethoven's 10 th ..He said that this work was based on manuscripts Beethoven has left after his death...
    Do you have any additionl information about Beethoven 10'th Symphony..?

Hi
    I mean just a fragment of the first movement is known of that symphonie. Mabey is ment the first symphonie of Brahms wich H.v.Buelow once titled as the "10th of Beethoven".

regards
    pastorali

=====================================
    Von Herzen - möge es wieder zu Herzen gehen.
    L.v.B.
    =====================================

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited October 05, 2003).]

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad:
      Someone interrested in Beethoven Music has surprised me when he asked whether I've listned to Beethoven's 10 th ..He said that this work was based on manuscripts Beethoven has left after his death...
      Bia 838 is listed as "Symphony No. 10 in E flat major: part only; authorship: unfinished at death". The first movement has been finished by another and has been recorded a few times. As I have ordered the CD and it will arrive this week, I shall better know more about it soon.

------------------
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad:
        Barry Cooper completed a movement in 1988 known as Beethoven's 10th based on sketches. CD's of this are available, though it has to be realised it is by Cooper, not Beethoven! There is a rather lovely adagio theme, but I find the main allegro section disappointing and more reminiscent of Mendelssohn than Beethoven.

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
          Barry Cooper completed a movement in 1988 known as Beethoven's 10th based on sketches. CD's of this are available, though it has to be realised it is by Cooper, not Beethoven! There is a rather lovely adagio theme, but I find the main allegro section disappointing and more reminiscent of Mendelssohn than Beethoven.

It's really difficult, anyway, to figure out where Beethoven might have gone with these ideas. From the sketchbooks we see that the original ideas are often far from the polished product. It would be far more interesting to simply hear the sketches in their order rather than hear someone else's realization of the sketches.

Comment

I had this cd years ago as a kid. I found it a bit disapointing as well. If only Beethoven lived a few more months we might of had a tenth symphony.
            I watched inmortal beloved the other night and i learnt this. A time traveling beethoven was framed and set up for killing JFK.

Comment

Working...
            X