Was Beethoven Really Deaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Beethoven Really Deaf

Was Beethoven really deaf because i am doing this study on him and i love music and if you have any other info that would be cool
    ________
    herbalaire reviews
    Last edited by Jono; 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM.
    Thank-you

Go to this page on the site - there is a section about Beethoven's deafness.
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/miscellaneous.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Beethoven's hearing had started to deteriorate in his 28th year. First the left ear was affected then his right. There was humming and buzzing in his ears. He might have suffered from otosclerosis or of a diesease of the inner ear. He had an attck of typhoid fever when he was very young which mights have been a contributor to his deafness. He was totally deaf for the last ten years of his life and was ridden by other maladies as well. He once said, "My whole life has been poisoned." He lost, to a musician, his most important sense.

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Jono:
        Was Beethoven really deaf because i am doing this study on him and i love music and if you have any other info that would be cool
        Jono,
        I get that you are doing a report, but I am interested to know why you would have this question. Is it because it seems unreal that he could compose and yet not hear what he was doing? Just curious,

------------------
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN HIS DEAFNESS. I JUST CANNOT IMAGINE THE INCREDIBLE WORKS THAT HE WROTE DURING HIS HEARING LOSS, AFTER WHAT IS ANYONES OPINION ON - WOULD HE BE A GREAT TEACHER TO HEARING AND DEAF CHILDREN IN TODAYS SOCEITY.

Comment

Working...
          X