• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authentic mp3 page - Piano concerto no.1 Op.15

Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Nice lively performance, though not keen on the cadenza - Beethoven's indicates something much shorter than the one provided. Also there is a very short 2nd cadenza which this performance leaves out!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      Nice lively performance, though not keen on the cadenza - Beethoven's indicates something much shorter than the one provided. Also there is a very short 2nd cadenza which this performance leaves out!

Well, I agree the Immerseel labours the cadenza, but what can you do? Better that he left the 2nd out, considering his efforts with the others. With the slow movements he over-uses the moderator (mute) in this recording. This should only be used in small doses as it severely reduces the dynamism of the instrument. The other movements are pretty good though, cadenzas notwithstanding.

A problem with the first two concertos for me is that the first movements respectively are usually performed too 'moderato', when Beethoven asks for 'con bio'.

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited September 18, 2003).]
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

I only listened to this once as i dont want to spoil the ending to the concerto for when i buy it myself, but i really liked it. So what is next. I am really intrested in hearing the sonta for Horn and Piano op17 (is that the right number?) As i got the Cello version, i wouldnt mind hearing it with the horn. Am i allowed to mask requests?
        I watched inmortal beloved the other night and i learnt this. A time traveling beethoven was framed and set up for killing JFK.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfixit:
          I only listened to this once as i dont want to spoil the ending to the concerto for when i buy it myself, but i really liked it. So what is next. I am really intrested in hearing the sonta for Horn and Piano op17 (is that the right number?) As i got the Cello version, i wouldnt mind hearing it with the horn. Am i allowed to mask requests?
          Good for you that you liked it. I have decided to proceed in order of opus number regardless of when the music was written. This makes it easier on my brain. Thus op16 will be next, then op17 etc.

------------------

Comment

Thankyou Rod,

A brilliant exhilarating tour de force performance, I love Beethoven's fiery spirit confronting the world with this piece!
            The Orchestra was outstanding in my estimation! Which Orchestra was it that performed this piece?

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited September 19, 2003).]
            ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:
              [B]Thankyou Rod,

A brilliant exhilarating tour de force performance, I love Beethoven's fiery spirit confronting the world with this piece!
              The Orchestra was outstanding in my estimation! Which Orchestra was it that performed this piece?

B]
              Tafelmusik, a Canadian bunch I believe.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited September 20, 2003).]

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

Comment

Working...
                X