beethvens concertos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beethvens concertos

Hey i have listened to beethovens piano concertos 4 and 5. His voilin concerto and his tripple concerto. I will soon get the first 3 piano concertos, so i am wondering did he do any others? I mean i am not going to be satisfied with just 7 concerto no matter how wonderfull they.

PS: so far i think beethovens 4 piano concerto may be his greatest work. Well thats how i feel at the moment.
    I watched inmortal beloved the other night and i learnt this. A time traveling beethoven was framed and set up for killing JFK.

Originally posted by mrfixit:
    Hey i have listened to beethovens piano concertos 4 and 5. His voilin concerto and his tripple concerto. I will soon get the first 3 piano concertos, so i am wondering did he do any others? I mean i am not going to be satisfied with just 7 concerto no matter how wonderfull they.

PS: so far i think beethovens 4 piano concerto may be his greatest work. Well thats how i feel at the moment.
    Mr. mrfixit,
    Well, I hate to disappoint you, but after you aquire the remaining 2 piano concerti, and B's own Piano arrangement of the violin concerto, all that will be left for you are bits and pieces, some completed by others, some just fragments. It is a pity, is it not?

------------------
    Adieu,
    Franz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Adieu,
    Franz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

call me alex btw the user name is just something i can rember. Yeah i agree it is a pity as i think his 4 and 5 piano concerto are perhaps the greatest peices of music ever. Its hard for me to put in to words how much in awe i in of them as peices of the highest form of art. Oh yeah i aready got the piano version of the violin Concerto. I supose i will just have to check out Mozats ones and see how they compare.
      I watched inmortal beloved the other night and i learnt this. A time traveling beethoven was framed and set up for killing JFK.

Comment

call me alex btw the user name is just something i can rember. Yeah i agree it is a pity as i think his 4 and 5 piano concerto are perhaps the greatest peices of music ever. Its hard for me to put in to words how much in awe i in of them as peices of the highest form of art. Oh yeah i aready got the piano version of the violin Concerto. I supose i will just have to check out Mozats ones and see how they compare.
        Mr. Alex,
        One would be hard put to disagree with your statements about Beethoven's concertos, most especially when concertos are my favorite form. My only recommendation about your plan is not to compare the two, merely to enjoy each for what it is. Mozart is the originator of the modern piano concerto, and he best stands comparison with those who came before or were concurrent with him. Beethoven took this beginning and carried it to the heights. Two different things, no?

------------------
        Adieu,
        Franz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Adieu,
        Franz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I love the no 5 piano concerto,this music really sends me!
          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
            I love the no 5 piano concerto,this music really sends me!
            Ms. spaceray,
            Ah, truly a lady of taste and discernment! Perhaps you shall play it someday, no?

------------------
            Adieu,
            Franz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Adieu,
            Franz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yes, it is a pity that Beethoven did not write more concertos. They are my favourite works as well.

However, there are a few more related works which you might consider. The choral Fantasia Op.80 is often bundled with the concertos, and is a piece for Piano, Chorus and Orchestra, although it is on a much smaller scale than a concerto. It's quite a popular work and I can recommend it.

There are also the 2 Romances for Violin and Orchestra, Op.40 and 50. Both beautiful pieces.

There is also the early Piano Concerto Woo4, which was reconstructed by Hess, and the 1st movement of an early Violin Concerto Woo5.

All of these latter works are included in the DG Beethoven Edition Concertos set (Vol.2).

Melvyn.

Comment

Thanks melvyn, aready got the violin romances as they came with the violin concerto. I am going to get round to buying the the choral fantasia soon. I wonder if beethoven lived a few years longer and composed a other piano concerto what it would of sounded like, his music was getting stranger and stranger (And better) it would of been amazing i think.

Comment

Thanks melvyn, aready got the violin romances as they came with the violin concerto. I am going to get round to buying the the choral fantasia soon. I wonder if beethoven lived a few years longer and composed a other piano concerto what it would of sounded like, his music was getting stranger and stranger (And better) it would of been amazing i think.
                  If you go to the midi page on this site you can hear and read about the sketched 6th piano concerto. www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/midifiles.html

------------------
                  'Man know thyself'
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Even with the really bad and crappy sound card this computer has i can tell that beethovens 6th piano concerto could fo turned out really really good.

Comment

Working...
                    X