recommendations for Beethoven piano cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cocchini:
    It seems that vols. 1,2,3,4,5,7 & 9, of the Badura-Skoda (Astree) set are available at Amazon-France. See:
    http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obido s/search-handle-url/index=classical-fr&field-keywords=Badura-Skoda%20astree%20beethoven&bq=1/171-3314462-8424225

Al

Al,
    Yes, quite so. Of course, I cannot read the page, but I see the titles. I do not know about shipping items from France to the US, I shall have to see if they can communicate with me. Amazon US lists all the titles, but they are not (and haven't been) in stock. Thanks for the information.
    Regards,
    Gurn
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

how about John O'Connor?? ...or something like that. If anyone knows about him.. I'm debating whether to get him or Barenboim...those are the two in my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by jman:
        how about John O'Connor?? ...or something like that. If anyone knows about him.. I'm debating whether to get him or Barenboim...those are the two in my price range.
        I don't have any sonatas by O'Connor, but I do have the disk of bagatelles he released a coulpe years ago, and I really like it. He has nice touch and phrasing on these short pieces, I can't see how his sonata interpretations could be a disaster!
        Regards,
        Gurn
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I don't have any CD's by John O Conner but our radio station plays him a lot and I do enjoy the Beethoven Sonatas I have heard him play. They're very enjoyable and his playing is very smooth and flowing.

------------------
          'Truth and beauty joined'
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
          X