Hi,I'm new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,I'm new!

Hi,I'm new!I'm 17y.o. and I,m from Greece!Anyone else from Greece?I've been obsessed with Beethoven since I saw the film "Immortal Beloved",4 years ago!Strange thing,but I became interested in his life firstly,then his music!Anyway,he encouraged me to learn to play the piano,when I was 13,but only for 2 years!I stopped even practising,as I had to study for the university entrance exams,but I want to continue!Which Beethoven work would you advise me to start with?

Hard to say without hearing you play! After 2 years of study you should be able to do the 2 sonatinas, though be warned they are of doubtful authenticity. The trouble is that most of Beethoven's piano music (especially the sonatas) is very advanced. Good luck!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      Hard to say without hearing you play! After 2 years of study you should be able to do the 2 sonatinas, though be warned they are of doubtful authenticity. The trouble is that most of Beethoven's piano music (especially the sonatas) is very advanced. Good luck!

But I can already play the Moonlight Sonata(1st movement),Fur Elise and the 3rd movement of the Tempest!Is there anything else of the same level of difficulty?

Comment

Peter,

You aren't referring to the Opus 49 sonatas, are you? G major and minor? These are sometimes called sonatinas...

Comment

Originally posted by urtextmeister:
          Peter,

You aren't referring to the Opus 49 sonatas, are you? G major and minor? These are sometimes called sonatinas...
          No, Op.49 is genuine Beethoven, though he was not pleased at their being published. The G minor is a real gem! The 2 sonatinas I was referring to are Anh.5

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Vivi:

But I can already play the Moonlight Sonata(1st movement),Fur Elise and the 3rd movement of the Tempest!Is there anything else of the same level of difficulty?
            Ok well try the Op.49 sonatas, particularly the G minor and perhaps some of the other Bagatelles. The last movement of the Tempest is quite a jump from Fur Elise, so it is really hard to suggest repertoire without hearing you play!

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

No, Op.49 is genuine Beethoven, though he was not pleased at their being published. The G minor is a real gem! The 2 sonatinas I was referring to are Anh.5

Have you seen the music of Anh 5 Peter? I've a recording by Jando on Naxos of these pieces. Though they are simple, I would say they they are not unbeethovenian in this performance. I would nod more in the direction of them being authentic.

------------------
              "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited July 05, 2003).]
              http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Are these the sonatinas in F and G? Like Rod, I believe they are Beethoven's. Perhaps a good sonata to start with is the first. While it is challenging to anyone who is beginning with Beethoven I think it is not too hard to put together. The first 16 generally are easier than the last 16 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
                  Have you seen the music of Anh 5 Peter? I've a recording by Jando on Naxos of these pieces. Though they are simple, I would say they they are not unbeethovenian in this performance. I would nod more in the direction of them being authentic.

Well yes - they are common enough as teaching material. I always believed them to be Beethoven and it is only Cooper's doubts on the authenticity that have made me question it.

------------------
                  'Man know thyself'
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                  X