Divine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divine

I keep hearing about music, the divine and mathematics. I always sucked at math, Mozart leaves me cold -- even though I can viscerally recognize the divine in his music -- Beethoven sings to me. I can't read or play music. But he reaches out with his power. His music to me is powerful and bold while Mozart is sublime and TOO divine --is there such a thing??? Anyway, I'm no expert but that's how it feels to me. There is a reason why Beethoven is the "teenager's choice" and Mozart is the "professor's choice". Mozart is refined, indeed he is divine. Beethoven talks to mortals in immortal languague. Emperor is my favourite, followed closely by N# 6 and #9 and so many others. Anyway, I'll shut up now. Glad to have found this site

Welcome - Well it certainly is an interesting way of putting it!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by temperpolk:
      I keep hearing about music, the divine and mathematics. I always sucked at math, Mozart leaves me cold -- even though I can viscerally recognize the divine in his music -- Beethoven sings to me. I can't read or play music. But he reaches out with his power. His music to me is powerful and bold while Mozart is sublime and TOO divine --is there such a thing??? Anyway, I'm no expert but that's how it feels to me. There is a reason why Beethoven is the "teenager's choice" and Mozart is the "professor's choice". Mozart is refined, indeed he is divine. Beethoven talks to mortals in immortal languague. Emperor is my favourite, followed closely by N# 6 and #9 and so many others. Anyway, I'll shut up now. Glad to have found this site

The Emperor is my favorite, too. Welcome to the site; there is much to gain here with the good commentary in the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by temperpolk:
        Well, I have a close friend who is a very gentle person, and loves Mozart with his whole heart. He is a cabinet maker, not an intellectual and not a professor. Beethoven's changes of dynamics from soft to loud make him jump in his seat and upset him. So it's really a matter of personal proclivities to some extent. (This is my friend's perspective, not mine.)

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Working...
        X