The what are you listening to thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The what are you listening to thread?

just write down whatever it is that you're listening to right now ...

now playing ...
    William Byrd Gradualia: The Marian Masses, the William Byrd Choir, Gavin Turner director.

it's beautiful and calming music ...

------------------
    http://pinksonata.proboards18.com

Today I have the oratorio 'Deborah' by Handel in my Walkman.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited May 02, 2003).]
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

For me today is Schubert's Symphonies 1 and 2 performed by the Chamber Orchestra of Europe conducted by Claudio Abbado.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
        For me today is Schubert's Symphonies 1 and 2 performed by the Chamber Orchestra of Europe conducted by Claudio Abbado.
        Last evening I heard a trumpet concerto by Leopold Mozart. Not bad, the tree did not fall far from the apple. Today, Elgar's Cello Concerto and a symphony in D minor by "the" Mozart; never heard it before; don't know the Kochel # or symphony #. Nice.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Beethoven's Op.126 Bagatelles.

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Right this minute: Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione & Piano. Interesting little piece of work.
            Regards, Gurn
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

joseph haydn, piano sonata no. 47 in b minor emmanuel ax.

Comment

Today coming home from work - Beethoven's Sonatas for Piano and Violin:-

Sonata No. 9, opus 47, "Kreutzer"
                Sonata No. 10 opus 96,

Comment

Today, the Beatles "Help" album.
                  Well, you did ask.
                  Yesterday, I listened to B's Piano Trio Opus 1 No. 3 - the Istomin/Stern/Rose recording.

Michael

Comment

At the moment, Mozarts 20th Piano Concerto, Clara Haskill's 1960 recording with Markevitch & Orchestre Des Concerts Lamoureux. Earlier today, arias and choruses from Bach's St. John's Passion, Chopin's 1st Piano Concerto & Haydn's Surprise Symphony (Colin Davies). Yesterday, Madonna's new album.

Comment

John Tavener ,The Western Wind Mass.
                      Sung by Hexaphone live in the music studio .

Comment

The 'Les Miserables' original london cast recording!

I've only just discovered this musical and the songs in it really melt my heart, but one that really fires me up is 'At the End of the Day.' The whole minor/major contrasts are extremely effective I think!

Comment

Originally posted by OboeKing:
                          The 'Les Miserables' original london cast recording!

I've only just discovered this musical and the songs in it really melt my heart, but one that really fires me up is 'At the End of the Day.' The whole minor/major contrasts are extremely effective I think!
                          I love this musical! I got the privilege of seeing it on Broadway about 12 years ago.

Comment

The Trio in G for Piano, Flute & Bassoon, WoO 37. Ahhhh.
                            Gurn
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

thank-you to OboeKing (I think) for putting down the name of that song!!!....I just saw a nearby school do the school edition of the musical and I was just amazed (made me a little jealous!!)...and I could always remember the "look down" piece from the beginning but it really seemed my favorite was that one the girls sang...but I COULDN'T REMEMBER HOW IT WENT!!...I just knew I liked it so much. So when I read the name it all came back to me!! Awesome, awesome stuff...I gotta get a recording of that sometime...

Well I'm listening to nothing right now but I had been listening to an old tape of stuff...William Tell Overture being the one I rememebr most...and then I was listening to a Mozart piano sonata that I'm particularly in love with(no idea which number or anything)...and I'm always crooning over Beethoven's seventh symphony these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X