Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Spaceray

Hi spaceray..
    I think we both have something common ,as I knew from some old topics you've begun learning the piano late and so am I (I'm 22 , I've been learning for only one year..)..
    You are interested in Handel music and so am I !..But in this regard All I know about Handel's music are four suites (among them are Watermusic and Royal Fireworks),The arrival of the queen of Sheba..
    What other pieces of music do you suggest me to listen to as I've admired Handel's music through those suites...
    By the way What's the most difficult piece you do perform well on the piano nowadays..?

[This message has been edited by Ahmad (edited June 10, 2003).]

Join my Handel yahoo group and you'll experience Handel's lesser known music for free!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/handelforum/

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad:
      Hi spaceray..

By the way What's the most difficult piece you do perform well on the piano nowadays..?

[This message has been edited by Ahmad (edited June 10, 2003).]

Since you ask I will have to boast that in only a year I have surprised myself with my ability to learn notereading,in terms of it's difficulty, it is rather like a childrens card game called "Old Maid"One lays all the cards face down and then each player selects two cards to turn to try to make a match.After a short time you no longer need to 'guess' where the matches are you begin to know where they are.
      But practice is essential if I do not do it every day I lose it fast.
      I play a few pieces quite well but am very very nervous playing them for anyone and seem to only play well for myself.Or so it seems.Above the general text my teacher uses to teach me piano and note and symbol reading(The Lila Fletcher Piano course book one and two.)these are easy pieces with the most damnable tricks in them put there I'm sure just to make me crazy.I also play and sing Happy Bithday,All The pretty Little Horses,
      Joy to the World and play Bach's Minuet in G the first part of which I have from memory.
      I'm also working on learning pieces from a Henle Urtext Edition for Young Pianists,these are wonderful and are the only pieces that are unadulterated by rearrangment.A piece from "Songs from the Mur-Island" By Marko Tajcevic ,a song with out words,has really taken my fancy and I love to play it.
      "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Hi Spaceray...It's very fascinating to realize our dreams despite the age we are..
        Like you I do play some easy songs arranged for the piano such as canon in d ,trumpet voluntary,four seasons (Spring)....I learn them from a cd-program for beginners named "Teach me piano" by Voyetra company..
        Actually I get nervous -exactly as you've mentioned-when I play for others ...!
        Great! go on training ,you've encouraged me to go on..!
        By the way I asked you an advise about Handel's msuic ..yesterday I listened to his harp concerto ..it 's great! What others should I listen to.?

Comment

I must recomend Rod's handelforum for the wonderful music he offers. Two arias from Handel's oratorio 'Athalia'have become my favorite pieces to sing and the Harpsichord music was so brilliantly played that I simply had to order the CD,please visit this site to learn more about Handel 's fabulous music.
          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Working...
          X